Center to Center (C2C) Reference Implementation (RI) Tool, Version 2.0, Now Available
*The informaiton on this page has been updated, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Center-to-Center (C2C) Reference Implementation (RI) Tool, Version 2.1, Now Available.
The C2C RI tool supports efficient deployment of systems using C2C communications by providing a means to verify conformance to C2C standards. The C2C interface may be between two traffic management centers or any two centers that need to coordinate (regionally or locally) corridor management, arterial management, incident mitigation, event management, and more. Specifically, the C2C RI supports conformance testing for:
- Traffic Management Data Dictionary (TMDD) v3.03c standard
- NTCIP 2306 v01 Application Profile for XML Message Encoding and Transport in ITS Center-to-Center Communications.
The RI conducts its conformance testing of the System under Test (SUT) C2C interface by two means. First, it examines the interface description document (WSDL) for conformance to the standards. Second, it tests the interface by communicating with the SUT. This communication consists of dialogs between the RI and the SUT. The test dialogs are determined by selecting the user needs and their derived requirements for the test configuration. Because the C2C RI controls the sequence and contents of the protocol messages sent to the SUT, it can test a wide range of both expected and unexpected (invalid) behaviors.
The RI performs three functions:
- Test Configuration – Allows the selection of user needs and requirements to be tested and results in a set of test cases that can be used to verify that the SUT conforms to the selected requirements
- Test Execution – Enables the user to select test cases for execution and then runs those test cases logging the test details and results
- Reporting – Assists the RI user in preparing test result reports for sharing with other stakeholders.
Using the C2C RI tool will reduce developmental risks, effort, and cost and provide consistent interpretation of the implemented standard, which in turn will encourage the deployment of interoperable NTCIP C2C systems.
Version 2.0 of the C2C CRI tool includes the following new features:
- Test case and test procedure reports
- Section 1201 (also known as the Real-Time System Management Information Program Data Exchange Format Specification) Conformance Reports
- Support for 32-bit operating systems
- Entity Emulation Mode Option when the RI is acting as an owner center. While operating in this mode, the RI will send dynamic responses for requests for closed-circuit television, dynamic message signs, detector, environmental sensor station, event, gate, highway advisory radio, lane control, ramp meter, section, traffic signal and video switch-related information.
For C2C RI support, please contact: email@example.com.