Advisory Committee Announcement
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood has named the following candidates to serve on the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Advisory Committee, pursuant to Section 5305(h) of the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU). The ITS Advisory Committee is charged with reviewing areas of ITS research being considered for funding by the Department and advising the Secretary on ITS aspects of the Department's strategic plan. The ITS Program is overseen by the Department’s Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA). The Committee is expected to begin its work in the next month and the Department looks forward to future collaboration in enabling the vision of the ITS Research Program. For more information, contact Stephen Glasscock in the ITS Joint Program Office.
- Mr. Steve Albert; Director of the Western Transportation Institute at Montana State University
- Mr. Scott Belcher; President and Chief Executive Officer of Intelligent Transportation Society of America
- Mr. Joe Calabrese; General Manager, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
- Ms. Robin Chase; Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Meadow Networks
- Mr. Bob Denaro; Vice President of NAVTEQ (Vice-Chair)
- Dr. Adam Drobot; President and Chief Technology Officer of Advanced Technology Solutions Telcordia
- Ms. Ann Flemer; Deputy Executive Director of the San Francisco Metropolitan Transportation Commission
- Dr. Genevieve Giuliano; Senior Associate Dean at the School of Policy, Planning, and Development at the University of Southern California
- Mr. Randell H. Iwasaki; Director of the California Department of Transportation
- Mr. J. Peter Kissinger; President and Chief Executive Officer of AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety
- Mr. Jack Lettiere; President of Jack Lettiere Consulting
- Mr. Bryan Mistele; Chief Executive Officer of INRIX Technologies, Inc.
- Mr. Don Osterberg; Senior Vice President, Safety, Schneider National, Inc.
- Ms. Janette Sadik-Khan; Commissioner of the New York City Department of Transportation
- Mr. Kirk Steudle; Director of the Michigan Department of Transportation
- Dr. Joseph M. Sussman; JR East Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Chair)
- Dr. Peter Sweatman; Director, University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute
- Mr. Gary Toth; Senior Director, Transportation Initiatives with the Project for Public Spaces
- Mr. Pravin Varaiya; Nortel Networks Distinguished Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences at the University of California, Berkeley
- Mr. James Vondale; Director of the Automotive Safety Office, Sustainability, Environment, and Safety Engineering for Ford Motor Company