ITS JPO Professional Capacity Building Program (PCB) Announces New, Free Standards Training
The Intelligent Transportation Systems Joint Program Office, PCB program is offering online free training modules on ITS standards. These online modules describe how to evaluate, procure, and implement standards-based ITS devices and systems. The 35-module series is aimed at practitioners in state and local highway agencies and transit agencies who seek the skills needed to procure, implement, and operate ITS standards-based devices and equipment. Consultants, system designers and integrators, and system testers will also find the training informative and are welcome to view the modules.
The training is free and can be viewed anytime on the PCB website.
Upcoming T3 Webinars - ITS Learning Delivered to Your Desktop
Talking Technology and Transportation (T3) Webinars are 90-minute interactive web conferences on highway, transit, and multi-modal applications; ITS lifecycle issues; and other topics. Over the next three months, PCB will present webinars on the following topics:
- Real-time traveler information and mobile devices.
- Institutional and operational issues in deploying software solutions for transit operations, passenger information and relations, and ridership and fleet analysis.
- A case study of institutional and technical coordination in the implementation of a regional transit fare card payment system.
- An update on the latest version of the National ITS Architecture.
You will receive an email when registration opens for these webinars.
Learn Online, Anytime!
The Consortium for ITS Training and Education (CITE) offers over thirty interactive web-based courses for transportation technicians, professionals, and college students. CITE also offers blended courses that combine both instructor-led and on-line instruction. CITE just released its blended course schedule that includes the following courses:
- Advanced Telecommunications Technology
- Improving Highway Safety with ITS
- Fundamentals of Database Management Systems
- Weather Responsive Traffic Management (WRTM)
- Configuration Management for Traffic Management Systems
- Traffic Signal Timing
- Road Weather Information Systems (RWIS) Equipment and Operation
More information about CITE online and blended learning is available at: http://www.citeconsortium.org.