Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Center-to-Center (C2C) Reference Implementation (RI) Tool, Version 2.1, Now Available
The ITS C2C RI tool is now available. This tool supports efficient system deployment using C2C communications by providing a way to verify conformance to C2C standards.
The C2C interface may be between any two centers that need to coordinate regionally or locally regarding corridor or arterial management, incident mitigation, or event management (e.g., two traffic management centers). Specifically, the C2C RI tool supports conformance testing for:
- Traffic Management Data Dictionary (TMDD) v3.03c and v3.03d standards
- National Transportation Communications for ITS Protocol (NTCIP) 2306 v01.69 Application Profile for XML Message Encoding and Transport in ITS C2C Communications standard.
The tool conducts conformance testing of the C2C interface of the system under test (SUT) in two different ways. First, it examines the interface description document to see if it conforms to the two standards mentioned above. Then, the RI tool tests the interface by communicating with the SUT. This communication consists of dialogs between the tool and the SUT. The tool can test a wide range of expected and unexpected (invalid) behaviors since it controls the sequence and contents of the protocol messages sent to the SUT. The tool implements test dialogs based on the users selection of needs and requirements.
The C2C RI tool can reduce developmental risks, effort, and costs. The tool provides consistent interpretations of the implemented standard, which in turn facilitate the deployment of interoperable NTCIP C2C systems.
Version 2.1 of the software includes minor updates and tool corrections. It also includes the following features that were previously released in Version 2.0:
- Test case and test procedure reports
- Section 1201, also known as the Real-Time System Management Information Program Data Exchange Format Specification, conformance reports
- Support for 32-bit operating systems
- Entity Emulation Mode Option when the RI is acting as an owner center. While operating in this mode, the tool will emulate responses to requests for CCTV, DMS, detector, ESS, Event, Gate, HAR, Lane Control, Ramp Meter, Section, Traffic Signal and Video Switch related information.
For C2C RI support, please contact: email@example.com.
To download the installation files and user manual for C2C RI tool (included in the installer), visit: https://www.standards.its.dot.gov/DeploymentResources/C2CRIdownload.
For more information on the TMDD v3.03c and v3.03d standards, visit: http://www.ite.org/standards/tmdd/3.03.asp.
For more information on the NTCIP 2306 v01.69 Application Profile for XML Message Encoding and Transport in ITS C2C Communications standard, visit: https://www.standards.its.dot.gov/Standard/421.