New York City Connected Vehicle Pilot Operational Capability Showcase
The New York City (NYC) Connected Vehicle (CV) Pilot Operational Capability Showcase will be held on Tuesday, July 20. This webinar will present the accomplishments of the NYC CV pilot deployment project and detail how the pilot system performs.
Webinar attendees will see how the deployed vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure applications operate in NYC’s urban environment and will learn about the pilot deployment’s emphasis on safety goals and benefits. Attendees will also learn more about aftermarket safety device communications along with how the devices communicate with other roadside units that are deployed in the field. Additional resources about the project objective, performance, and continued operations will be shared during the webinar.
Date: Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Time: 1:30 to 2:30 PM (EDT)
Registration Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/new-york-city-connected-vehicle-pilot-operational-capability-showcase-registration-161542914205
U.S. Department of Transportation
- Ken Leonard, Director of Intelligent Transportations Systems (ITS) Joint Program Office (JPO)
- Jonathan Walker, ITS JPO Chief of Policy, Architecture, and Knowledge Transfer
- Arthur O’Connor, Senior ITS Engineer
NYC Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Margaret Forgione, First Deputy Commissioner
- Mohamad Talas, Director of ITS Management and System Engineering
New York University
- Kaan Ozbay, Professor at the Department of Civil and Urban Engineering and Director of the C2SMART Center
NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services
- Eric Richardson, Deputy Chief Fleet Management Officer
JHK Engineering (TransCore)
- Robert Rausch, Vice President
- David Benevelli, Associate Vice President
- Keir Opie, Director of Simulation and Traffic Analysis (Principal)
For more information on the NYC DOT CV Pilot, please visit: https://www.its.dot.gov/pilots/pilots_nycdot.htm.